Part bird, part human creatures of age-old myths, Sirens and their enchanting songs were vilified in countless tales for causing hapless sailors and voyagers get off-course and get lost. We re-imagined the gripping & feminine Siren calls without any preconceptions and wondered what they could be really trying to convey to their human relatives. Perhaps, their songs were only deemed dangerous because they were telling mankind the facts they were not yet ready to hear. Whatever the reason, we resolve to embrace these fearless beings as harbingers of truth, and heed their calls wherever they might lead us.
Dilek Ucarli’s photos taken in Lofoten, Norway, helping us to hear the Serene Siren’s song among the howling winds and roaring waves of the Northern Seas.
- Each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed.
- 100% wool.
- Measuring 137 cms by 137 cms.
- The edges are hand-rolled.
- To be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch.
- Product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.