the mighty prophetic bird-maiden of Slavic and Persian folklore.
she represents happiness, prosperity and harmony achieved through wisdom and knowledge, lives on a mysterious island in the distant l ands of the East, and sings fascinating melodies of peace with her mesmerizing voice.
as she is believed to be the only one who knows the true fate of humanity, we have resolved ourselves to listen to her songs thoroughly so that she might steer us wisely on to the path of love & unity.
- each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed
- 100% silk, crepe de chine
- measuring 90 cms by 90 cms
- it comes with a detachable, hand crocheted corner charm, that completes the story and carries forward the traditional Turkish art of oya
- the crochet characters are hand-made in Southeastern Turkey in cooperation with a UNDP project that aims to foster sustainable economic development of the region’s women.
- the edges are hand-rolled
- to be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch with “rumisu”s bird logo hand-embroidered on it
- illustrated by deniz yegin ikiisik & pinar yegin
- product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.