VASILISA THE COURAGEOUS & BABA YAGA
Vasilisa the courageous and baba yaga
young Vasilisa’s magical doll, a very precious parting gift from a loving but ailing mother to a kind-hearted daughter, had the power of loudly & distinctly voicing the true wisdom of female intuition.
strong magic indeed, especially against the very noisy background chatter of daily life that can gobble up so much.
with her magical doll, and through the guidance of age-old female wisdom & intuition, Vasilisa survived spooky nights in a dark forest, faced the scary witch Baba Yaga, and a cold-hearted step-family. she triumphed against all and went on to live a full life.
in our book that is the very definition of a shero’s tale with a happy ending.
may we all follow the calls of those magical dolls hiding somewhere in our hearts, and live our own tales to their fullest.
- each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed
- 100% silk, crepe de chine
- measuring 137 cms by 137 cms
- it comes with a detachable, hand crocheted corner charm, that completes the story and carries forward the traditional Turkish art of oya
- the crochet characters are hand-made in Southeastern Turkey in cooperation with a UNDP project that aims to foster sustainable economic development of the region’s women.
- the edges are hand-rolled
- to be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch with “rumisu”s bird logo hand-embroidered on it
- illustrated by pinar yegin
- product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.