MAMA SIMURG and ZAL
mama Simurg and Zal
Simurg is the caring and compassionate mythical bird from the tales of Persian Mythology.
the myths tell us that this majestic bird lives on top of the mysterious Mount Kaf, perching on the branches of the wisdom tree, feeding its young with the elephants it plucks from the vast plains of Africa. one day, Simurg spots an abandoned albino baby - the outcast Prince Zal - on the foothills of Mount Kaf. with her compassionate heart, she saves & adopts the baby, who is otherwise destined to perish in the wilderness as it is deemed a ‘cripple’ due to his unusual appearance. mama Simurg raises him alongside her own chicks, and Prince Zal grows up to be a wise & handsome youth. he then returns to rule the kingdom that is rightfully his, for many decades in peace and harmony. the parting gifts from his mama Simurg, are three magical feathers, that keep coming to his aid in his most difficult moments throughout his life.
the story of Simurg & Zal is one of the most symbolic & persuasive stories about the power of caring. in no uncertain terms, it tells us that there should be preconditions to feel compassion towards others, such as the presence of blood ties and/or certain physical traits. we dedicate this illustration to all the caring mama Simurgs out there!
- each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed
- 100% silk, crepe de chine
- measuring 42 cms by 42 cms
- the edges are hand-rolled
- to be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch
- illustrated by pinar yegin
- product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.