AN ORIENTAL ILLUSION
an oriental illusion
this illusion comes to you, heavily inspired by Turkish miniature; a crucial & whimsical part of the Ottoman books; an art form in the Ottoman Empire, which can be linked to the Persian miniature tradition, as well as strong Chinese artistic influences.
here is our interpretation adorned and inhabited with the very creatures we have come across, on the enchanting pages of “Book of Marvels” by Zakariya Ibn Muhammad Qazwini, a thirteenth century Arab geographer and scholar.
- each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed
- 100% silk, crepe de chine
- measuring 137 cms by 137 cms
- it comes with a detachable, hand crocheted corner charm, that completes the story and carries forward the traditional Turkish art of oya
- the crochet characters are hand-made in Southeastern Turkey in cooperation with a UNDP project that aims to foster sustainable economic development of the region’s women.
- the edges are hand-rolled
- to be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch
- illustrated by deniz yegin ikiisik
- product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.