WILD & WEIRD
wild & weird
‘acaib-ul mahlukat’, translated as ‘weird creatures’, is a richly illustrated 12th century ‘scientific’ text from Persia that reflects the curiosity as well as the awe and wonder our ancestors must have felt when investigating the wildness and ‘weirdness’ of our Mother Earth.
in the following centuries, due to the lack of printing technology, the text was copied by hand and shared countless times, each time flourishing a little further thanks to the colorful imagination of its copier/s at the time.
and just like our ancestors, we wanted to add onto the spirit of these 800 year-old ‘weird creatures’... after having spent many joyful hours with these treasures, we re-interpreted them ourselves.
cheers to the ‘weirdness’ of Mother Earth.
- each print illustrated by hand, transferred and then digitally printed
- 100% silk, crepe de chine
- measuring 42 cms by 42 cms
- the edges are hand-rolled
- to be delivered in its own 100% cotton pouch
- illustrated by pinar yegin
- product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. the recipient, is liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival.